Libertarian meat eater, right wing in the sense of conservative with a small c.

Saturday 3 May 2008

Boris

I'm glad he won, Ken had become too corrupt and it was time for him to leave. I have a fair degree of confidence in Boris' ability to handle the challenges that London will throw up but I do worry that he may be drawn to authoritarianism.

He will be competent, (at least as much as the previous administration), let's hope he remembers that freedom is the most important thing to preserve.

3 comments:

Longrider said...

I don't see any reason to suspect that he will be drawn to authoritarianism. Everything I have read of his tells me that he is a genuine liberal.

Falco said...

Even the proposed ban on drinking on the tube?

Longrider said...

Okay, that apart. I was thinking more of his essays. Even so, I still believe that he is a liberal. The drinking on the tube thing does appear to be an appeal to populism, and I would hope that his innate liberalism wins through.

We will have to wait and see. I am more hopeful with Boris than I was with Ken.

Join LPUK link English Blogs